Contact US



The Hartford House
Geneseo, N.Y.



The Genesee Volley Tennis & Croquet Club is located on the historic Hartford House estate at 17 Avon Road in the Village of Geneseo. The Hartford House was built by Gen. James S. Wadsworth in 1835. It, and approximately 75 acres of the estate grounds, are currently owned by his great-great-great grandson Corrin Strong, who is an avid tennis and croquet player.

in the spring of 2008, with the help of 35 friends, Corrin completed construction of a Har-Tru clay tennis court. It is believed to be the only modern clay court in Livingston County and Corrin's vision is to share the joy of clay court tennis with his friends and neighbors around the county.

Corrin also remodeled the former estate ice house adjacent to the court for use as a tennis house. The ice house was in an advanced state of deterioration before being rescued for the club.

The court itself is located just north of the main house in a park-like setting. It is well shaded in both the morning and evening and enjoys a steady cooling breeze from the valley to the west. The court also includes a practice backboard.

In 2017, a portion of a nearby shed was renovated to add a modern handicap accessible bathroom. The Men's room also includes a locker and a shower for club member's use. Sorry Ladies, you will have to shower at home!

There are two croquet courts on the property: a large Summer court and a smaller Winter Court. Croquet is played year-round unless the court is covered in snow!

GV Hunt

The Hartford House

Tennis House

The former estate ice house was near collapse
before being rescued and renovated.

Tennis Rest Rooms

Modern handicap-accessible rest/locker rooms
are located adjacent to the court.

Croquet Court

The Summer Croquet Court is built in the
former Hartford House pasture
Copyright Genesee Volley Tennis Club 2021. All rights reserved.